Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Microsoft's Vision of the Future of Mobile Computing?

Is this Microsoft's vision of the future of mobile computing? It looks like the Microsoft Origami Project (http://www.origamiproject.com/1/) is a cross between the existing Tablet PC and Windows Mobile devices. See: http://www.d-kitchen.com/main.html , click on "Enter", click on "Work", click on "Brandtheater" then click on "Microsoft Origami". Nice size. It looks like it would fit nicely in a lab coat pocket. The prototype looks too thick. Price? Stay tuned.

Comments:
I don't know how I missed your blog, but I'll be following your tablet pc posts more closely now.

Would love to hear how you use a tablet pc in your day to day duties as a Chief Nursing Officer.

What do you see about the "origami" device that attracts you to it?

Rob Bushway
Tablet PC MVP
www.GottaBeMobile.com
 
As a CNO I was your classic corridor warrior going from meeting to meeting with my Tablet PC. Being able to make rounds and make notes directly into my Tablet PC, come back to my office and be able to email them to other members of the leadership team is great! Previously, I would take notes and transcribe them on my office PC and then email them or I would "squirt" them from Pocket Word on my Pocket PC to my desktop PC.

Presently, I am the Assistant Director of a hospital-based diploma school of nursing. Having the freedom to go from my office in the school to meetings at the hospital is invaluable.

Our faculty have stated that they would love to have Tablet PCs to teach with.

The size and power of the Origami device is what attracts me to it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?